About > EVENS ARCHITECTS
Evens Architects, a KAA Design Company, is a Los Angeles-based architecture and landscape firm specializing in residential design grounded in the great traditions of Europe and America. Our design philosophy is attuned to the classical principles of harmony, proportion, order, and, above all, beauty. Our approach is predicated on making deep, meaningful connections between the house and the land. We strive to create highly personal, one-of-a-kind homes and landscapes that enrich the lives of the people who occupy them. Architecture and Landscape is our vehicle to celebrate lives well-lived.
Position > Landscape Project Manager
The Landscape Project Manager at Evens Architects is responsible for providing leadership, management and direction to landscape design projects under the supervision of the Design Studio Director, and according to the firm’s vision, mission and core values.
· Approach all tasks with an eye for design
· Help organize and lead the design vision process
· Assure that project vision is carried through all phases of design
· Help develop design direction through sketches, imagery, diagrams, and other media
· Translate schematic design sketches into tangible design development drawings and construction documents
· Programming and initial project research, including code requirements
· Manage client relationship through phone calls, emails, meetings, meeting minutes, etc.
· Clear communication of client and project goals to the team
· Communicate/resolve project inconsistencies with contractor
· Professional and concise correspondence with team members and consultants
· Manage project time/budget/schedule goals
· Review contract terms, prepare total cost breakdown, review billing
· Prepare project projections and estimate time requirements
· Lead project team towards common goals
· Mentor junior staff by delegating work and providing constructive feedback
· Encourage teamwork and positive team communication
· Inspire team with sincere work ethic
· Identify career goals and actively pursue them
· Continue educational endeavors through lectures, product research, conferences, and keeping up to date on current issues and technology
· Take an active interest in Landscape Architecture and the design field in general
· Be responsible for your own development. Ask for what you want and search our ways to make your mark on each task you undertake
· Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Landscape Architecture)
· Licensed Landscape Architect preferred
· 10+ years experience in high-end, single family residential design
· Must be proficient in CADD (BIM Preferred)
· Must have knowledge and experience preparing permit, bid, and construction documents
· Must be able to communicate design/construction intent via computer generated sketches or hand drawings
· Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills
Kindly submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls. Please be sure to specify that you are applying for the Landscape Project Manager position. Thank you for contacting us at Evens Architects.
KAA Design Group
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066