About: KAA Design
KAA Design is a leading-edge design studio dedicated to advancing the California lifestyle through landscape architecture and architecture. For over 30 years, we have created one-of-a-kind homes and gardens that place a premium on comfort and beauty, elevating the rituals of daily life from the mundane to the sublime.
Position: Landscape Architectural Project Coordinator
A Landscape Architectural Project Coordinator at KAA Design is responsible for carrying out day-to-day project responsibilities, including documentation, consultant coordination, and general team communication.
- Approach all tasks with an eye for design
- Assist project team in developing project vision and design concepts
- Assist Project Manager in assuring that project vision is carried through all phases of design
- Create sketches and drawings as necessary to communicate design intent
- Participate in internal design meetings
- Create presentation materials for client meetings
- Research building code as it applies to each project
- Act as a liaison to contractors and consultants throughout the design and construction phases
- Develop and manage construction documents to accurately communicate design intent
- Coordinate architectural and consultant drawings to ensure consistency in construction documents
- Assemble permit sets, bid sets, and construction document sets with guidance from the Project Manager
- Work with Project Manager to manage staffing and project related deadlines
- Establish and maintain RFI log, sketch log, and project data files
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration process by attending site visits and issuing construction sketches as required
- Mentor landscape architectural designers by delegating work and providing constructive feedback
- Encourage teamwork and positive team communication
- Inspire team with a sincere work ethic
- Identify career goals and actively pursue them
- Continue educational endeavors through lectures, product research, conferences, and keeping up to date on current issues and technology
- Must have an accredited degree in landscape architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Landscape Architecture)
- Must have a minimum of 4 years professional experience with a landscape architecture or related firm - residential experience a plus
- Must be proficient with CADD software, must have knowledge and experience preparing permit, bid, and construction documents – BIM software experience a plus.
- Must have some understanding of the related construction process
- Must be able to communicate design/construction intent via computer generated sketches or hand drawings
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066