ABOUT EVENS ARCHITECTS
Evens Architects, a KAA Design Company, is a Los Angeles-based architecture and landscape firm specializing in residential design grounded in the great traditions of Europe and America. Our design philosophy is attuned to the classical principles of harmony, proportion, order, and, above all, beauty. Our approach is predicated on making deep, meaningful connections between the house and the land. We strive to create highly personal, one-of-a-kind homes that enrich the lives of the people who occupy them. Architecture is our vehicle to celebrate lives well-lived.
An Architectural Project Coordinator at KAA Design is responsible for coordinating day-to-day project responsibilities, including drawings, consultant coordination, and general team communication.
- Approach all tasks with an eye for design
- Assist project team in developing project vision and design concepts
- Assist Project Manager in assuring that project vision is carried through all phases of design
- Ability to perform tasks exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Create sketches and drawings as necessary to communicate design intent
- Participate in internal design meetings
- Create presentation materials for client meetings
- Research building code as it applies to each project
- Act as liaison to contractors and consultants throughout design and constructions phases
- Develop and manage team’s production of construction documents to accurately communicate design intent
- Maintain KAA CAD/BIM architectural standards for project team
- Coordinate architectural and consultant drawings to ensure consistency in construction documents
- Assemble permit sets, bid sets, and construction document sets with guidance from the project manager
- Work with Project Manager to manage staffing and project related deadlines
- Establish and maintain RFI log, sketch log, and project data files
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration process by attending site visits and issuing construction sketches
- Mentor junior staff by delegating work and providing constructive feedback
- Encourage teamwork and positive team communication; inspire team with sincere work ethic
- Identify career goals and actively pursue them
- Continue educational endeavors through lectures, product research, and keeping up to date on current issues and technology
- Accredited degree in architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in an architecture firm, with significant residential experience
- Must be proficient with ArchiCAD, with a minimum of 2 years experience preparing construction documents in ArchiCAD.
- Must have knowledge and experience preparing permit, bid, and construction documents
- Must have some understanding of the related construction process
- Must be able to communicate design/construction intent via computer generated sketches or hand drawings
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls. Please specify that you are applying for Evens Architects.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066