about > kaa design
KAA Design is a leading-edge design studio dedicated to advancing the California lifestyle through architecture and landscape design. For over 30 years, we have created one-of-a-kind homes that place a premium on comfort and beauty, elevating the rituals of daily life from the mundane to the sublime.
position > architectural consultant (short-term contract)
KAA is seeking an Architectural consultant for short-term contract (minimum of 8 weeks) to work at KAA Design to assist with coordination of day-to-day project responsibilities, including drawings and consultant coordination on a project by project basis. This position is for short-term contract consultant with a primary focus on preparation of construction documents in ArchiCAD.
- Accredited degree in architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture)
- Must be proficient with ArchiCAD and a minimum of 2 years experience in BIM documentation & preparing construction documents in ArchiCAD
- Must have knowledge and experience preparing permit and construction documents
- Must have general understanding of the residential construction process
- Must be able to communicate design/construction intent via computer or hand drawings
- Assist the Project Manager in the development project design and construction documents
- Coordinate architectural and consultant drawings to ensure consistency in construction documents
- Assemble permit sets, bid sets and construction document sets
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information; however, due to the volume of resumes received, only consultants being considered for this position will be contacted and a subsequent proposal shall be requested from thos consultants.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.